Saturday, May 11, 2013

I Want You So Bad!~Chapter 3~Finally, He Talked To Me!~



My whole body went to a state of panic when Brad's green eyes pierced right through me. I did nothing but stared at him back. Should I continue my bullying act and ask him "what are you looking at?" or should I confess...? The last question stroke my brain.

Was I crazy to think of confessing to him now? I would be the most wanted girl in school if I did! And what if I was rejected? I would be the laughingstock for the rest of my high school life! What should I do? What any normal goth obsessed girl would do? What would my favorite character of The Vampire Diaries, Elena, do?

Luckily for me, the bell rang. I turned my head as everybody packed and began to leave. I stood up and pretended to pack too. I was waiting for Brad and his new girlfriend to leave first so I could recuperate my baseball bat. However to my surprise, Brad muttered something to Dannie and let her go without him. He picked up my weapon on the floor and walked toward me.

I tilted my head down using my long hair as a shield to hide my face. What was wrong with him? He was the popular guy and I was the nobody goth girl. We had nothing to do with each other. Why was he helping me? He scratched his throat, forcing me to face him. I took my time lifting my eyes. I stopped at his narrow hips, his square shoulders, his well worked out biceps tightened by his white v-neck t-shirt, and finally, his well sculpted face. His hair style reminded me of Harry's, the new pop star from One Direction.

I swallowed hard. I was conscious of my cheeks on fire and red as a tomato.

"It's an unusual mix, goth and baseball." He said softly.

"I don't like baseball." I said sharply, although I didn't want to be rude. "My brother does. But, I like this baseball bat."

I sound weird, I thought. OMG, I blew it! He laughed revealing white and equal teeth.

"Interesting," He said. "Here you go." He handed me the baseball bat.

"Thanks." I snatched the object from his hand. "I should go to class now..." I hesitated before adding, "And you should go to your girlfriend before she thinks something's going on between us..."

I was starting to love his laugh... Not that I didn't hear him laugh before but he never laughed so close to me or with me...

"Dannie's not my girlfriend." He said seriously. "She was doing a research on Ancestors.com and she found out that we were distantly related." He combed his hands through his awesome hair. "I think our great great grandmothers were cousins or something. So we are trying to know each other better. You know, as family." He explained.

"Really?" I asked happily.

Brad nodded. I've never been so relieved in my life. Shocking events one after another: Brad spoke to me and Dannie is not his girlfriend! But Brad suddenly stopped smiling and frowned.

"What?" I asked.

"You are bleeding," He said.

I suddenly felt a hot liquid coming out of my nose. I touched my upper lip and looked at my bloody fingers. I quickly hid my face with my palms. How disgustingly embarrassing, I thought.

"I gotta go..." I said before grabbing my stuff and dashed through the door.

I went straight to the bathroom aware that I was late for my physic class. I locked myself in and sat on cover of the bathroom. I puffed my laugh with my hands.

"Yes," I said to myself. "He talked to me!"

After I cleaned my face, I went to the rooftop to digest everything that happened and think of my next move. I often secretly sneaked up there to get away from the world. When  I opened the door, the sun blinded my eyes. This September in Phoenix, Arizona was as usual hot and my short black dress and boots were helping either. I found a corner with some shades to sit. I placed my baseball bat next to me and relaxed.

I heard the rooftop door open and footsteps approaching. Nobody ever got up there. It was illegal and I already claimed it mine. As the intruder got closer I grabbed my baseball bat and got ready to hit.

No comments:

Post a Comment